Saturday 12 June 2010

Crochet bug...

For ages now I have been wanting to learn how to crochet properly and actually make an item, other than sample size dish cloths!
At various stages of my childhood crafting days, knitting and sewing had a featuring role

but somehow crochet always got away...and the skill was never really fully understood

until now that is...


This week I completed my first crochet project...other than flowers


A hanger cover



I am very proud of my little cover and I can now hang my favourite summer dress from its lovely crochet shoulders.


It may not be perfect
I may have to learn how to crochet in a straighter line from time to time 

But the pleasure was all mine while making up my new wardrobe friend.





I am now well on the way to completing another and am loving the rose pink and pale lime green colours together...

My wardrobe will be filled with these little gems of crochet delight by summers end




I would like to thank Vanessa and her lovely blog
do you mind if I knit for her crochet inspiration.
She made me want to learn so bad.



I have, between treble and double crochet, put some new items in my shop this week, some have featured in my previous blogs, I do hope you like them.

happy weekend


No comments:

Post a Comment

your thoughts?